Stoked you're here!
Oh man; I am so happy you found me! I am so excited to become your new friend/professional hype woman & make some magic together.
First things first - HI! I'm Kaitlyn. And I capture people's loves and lives for a living. It truly is the best job in the world (in my opinion, at least). I never planned on this being what I did full time - but I am beyond happy that it is.
A little about me... I grew up completely immersed in sports & always thought that's what I would be doing with my life. I played hockey, softball and my main squeeze was ringette. I was so busy being a super tough athlete, I never took time to dive deep into my creative side. Fast forward a few years, and I was not playing sports any longer, and I needed an outlet. Enter, photography. Have not looked back since.
If you want to get on my good side, I am easily bribable with wine, food, and anything that is boho aesthetic. My love languages are physical touch & words of affirmation; but I give love with gifts. I'm an enneagram type 8, which means I am assertive, protective, straight-talking & I love a good challenge.
I'm a total movie-fanatic, especially anything Marvel comes up with. I think I have seen every single Marvel movie at least 16 times. I love Chris Evans, sue me.
I don't want to go on too much more about me, but just know that I plan to be as naturally, and authentically, myself throughout your whole experience working with me. If you want to know anything at all - I am an open book,
I'm not just a photographer.
I'm a story-teller.
LET ME TELL YOUR STORY.
1. My friends would 100% describe me as the "mom" of the group. Always making sure we have everything, taking care of everyone, plan all the outings & am always prepared for whatever may happen.
2. I worked for an Airline before taking on photography full-time, and had SICK flight benefits. I have an extensive list of places I want to travel. If you want to get married in Greece, please take me.
3. I definitely have a shopping addiction, and 2020 made that so much worse. But the way I look at it; I could be addicted to way worse things...
4. My "dressed-down" looks are a lot like most peoples "dressed up". You will very rarely catch me in public in sweatpants or leggings. Not unless I'm super sick or working out. I just love expressing myself through style & feel good about myself when I look good.
5. I love planning parties - I go full out. I am totally extra. For my 27th birthday I had a balloon arch, custom cookies & cupcakes, ice cubes with flowers in them... and I did it all myself. I live for an aesthetically pleasing party.
6. I have a legitimate phobia of insects - Entomophobia to be exact. For some reason, during sessions - I'm okay. But man - if a bug touches me, I see my life flash before my eyes. It's irrational, I know. But I am who I am.
7. I'm a lover of wine - all wine. White, Rose, Red, Sparkling - I don't discriminate.